Virginia Zoo

Wednesday, March 24, 2010
This past weekend, we went to Chesapeake to visit with family. I snuck away for a few hours on Friday and went to the zoo in Norfolk. The weather was gorgeous. I think it may have gone past 80 degrees at one point.


You would think if the zoo's name was the "Virginia Zoological Park" they would have had a lot more there than they did. Of course the DC zoo is pretty big in comparison (we went there last summer while in DC). But I always seemed to remember the zoos I went to when I was little having more (but then again when you are little everything seems huge).

A few shots I liked from the day.


I used a little fill-flash for these two. I haven't used it before on animal shots outdoors, but I think it improved the exposure. More on fill-flash here.