Family Portraits

Monday, November 30, 2009
I bought a remote for my camera the other day so I could take some family portraits without having to use the timer. We set up everything in the dining room and spent a few minutes trading the baby around. In addition to the three of us together, Lori took a few of me and Rachel, and I took a few of them together. Here's a couple we took. We're using one I took in our Christmas card so I won't be posting that one right now.




I learned a lot from this little shoot we did. It was the first one I had done since I got a shoot-through umbrella and stand for my flash. I forgot to add in a hair light so my hair kind of blends in with the background. I don't have another flash, so I have to use a shop light as a hair light. I'm going to be getting some more lighting stuff soon so I will be able to do these the correct way. Everything considered, I'm pretty happy with results.